Contents insurance

Contents insurance policies will cover the items inside your home, such as audio visual equipment, carpets, clothing, furniture, kitchenware, and a limited amount of valuables. Insurers usually apply limits for high-value single items, so specify the value of expensive possessions before you take out the cover. Contents insurance will usually cover you for the replacement of keys if lost or stolen, and damage to locks. You'll also be covered for the theft of cash from your home, up to a set limit. And it will cover your legal liability as occupier of the house, such as liability for injuries to visitors.

Policies can also include accidental damage cover, but you may have to pay extra. This extends cover to include accidental breakages and damage to items such as hi-fis, TVs, computers and video recorders.

For Contents Insurance we usually offer products from a limited panel of providers.